We/Us- MF Tennis.
– All bookings can be made online by going to www.mftennis.com
– Bookings are subject to availability
– Once your booking has been made you can assume your space is reserved unless you hear otherwise from us
– All fields of the application form must be completed to confirm your booking
– Payment must be received in advance to confirm your booking
– Payments can be made online
– It is your responsibility to make sure that you are there to pick your child up on time after their session has finished.
– You/your child should wear appropriate sports clothing, non-marking trainers, no jewellery and long hair should be tied back.
– Any form of abuse towards any of our staff will not be tolerated.
– Anyone that is deemed to be too disruptive to the class due to antisocial behaviour will not be allowed to continue on the course and no refund will be issued. However, every effort will be made to resolve any issues should this arise.
– In the event of inclement weather you must assume the group will go ahead unless you hear otherwise from us.
– Any sessions cancelled by us prior to the start time will be refunded on the following course.
– Once a session has started it is deemed to have taken place and will not be made up if the weather turns bad during the session.
– The coach may leave the club after 15 minutes passed the start time if nobody shows and has not been warned of your late arrival.
– No refunds will be issued once enrolled onto a course.
– If you miss a session you may ask permission to make it up in another group that term providing there is another group on offer that is of a suitable level and there is sufficient space to accommodate any extra persons. If you wish to do this you MUST confirm with us.
– Any courses that have insufficient numbers of participants may be cancelled at our discretion.
– If we cancel a session due to coach unavailability we will refund that lesson on the following course.
– An administration fee may be applied to transactions or changes requested by the customer. One example could be where MF Tennis would incur a bank or credit card fee.
Membership and group pricing at Royston Tennis club, Meldreth Tennis club and Melbourn Tennis club
– The members booking price is only available to members of the club the activity is taking place at.
– Non-members are permitted to attend sessions for a maximum of 12 sessions, after which they must join as a member to continue.
– Membership is not required for Tots Tennis session attendees.
MF Tennis Safeguarding & Protecting Children
MF Tennis offer sporting activities to children aged between 3 – 17 years old in a variety of settings and venues across the South of England. This is primarily delivered through courses and clubs, schools, local venues and extends to day camps during school holidays.
MF Tennis is committed to supporting all young people to enjoy and excel in sporting activities and fully recognise our duty of care towards young and vulnerable people. We fully recognise children need a safe, protective and nurturing environment if they are to fulfil their potential, which in turn provides reassurance to parents that their children will be happy and safe.
The MF Tennis policy is informed by the government guidance ‘Working Together to Safeguard Children – a guide to inter-agency working to safeguard and promote the welfare of children, HM Government 2015’. This guidance, which is applicable in England, sets out the legislative requirements and expectations on individual services to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and provides the framework to which Local Safeguarding Children Boards (LSCBs) monitor the effectiveness of local services.
As part of our safeguarding policy we will:
- Promote and prioritise the safety and wellbeing of children and young people.
- Ensure everyone understands their roles and responsibilities in respect of safeguarding and is provided with appropriate learning opportunities to recognise, identify and respond to signs of abuse, neglect and other safeguarding concerns relating to children and young people.
- Ensure appropriate action is taken in the event of incidents/concerns of abuse and support provided to the individual(s) who raise or disclose the concern.
- Ensure that confidential, detailed and accurate records of all safeguarding concerns are maintained and securely stored.
- Ensure robust safeguarding arrangements and procedures are in operation.
In the rare event that a child or vulnerable adult goes missing from an activity, we have clear guidelines to outline the actions that should be taken. This is briefed to all of our team and sits within our Safeguarding Policy, our emergency procedures are available at all of our venues for staff to follow in the unlikely event this situation should arise.
Our staff are trained to deal with confidential data in a sensitive manner. Any confidential information will be held securely and only discussed with the Head Coach and parent/guardian concerned.
What is your Policy on Behaviour Management?
At MF Tennis we promote a positive environment, mutual respect and encouragement are key in helping a child to flourish. Our code of behaviour is discussed by our Head Coach at the start of day camp to ensure all children are clear on what is expected of them.
We strive to encourage good behaviour and ensure each child has a positive experience within our camps. Staff are trained to intervene should any negative behaviour compromise the atmosphere within camp. Our preferred choice is to correct such behaviour and explain why this is important, setting goals to help the child correct negative behaviour. If the situation does not improve, regrettably we may have to exclude the child from camp.
Equal Opportunities & Diversity
We are committed to create an environment in which individual differences and the contributions of all our coaches and Children are recognised and valued. Our policies on equality and diversity resonate through all we do at MF Tennis
Everyone is entitled to an environment that promotes dignity and respect to all. No form of intimidation, bullying or harassment will be tolerated.
Our staff are trained to deal with such situations and all cases will be treated seriously. Our staff will intervene at the earliest opportunity, all cases will be dealt with in accordance with our safeguarding policies.
Health, Hygiene and Food Policy
We promote a positive, healthy active lifestyle within our camps. Many of our coaches are at International level within their sport.
Good Hygiene is promoted during Camp with fresh drinking water is available at all times throughout the day.
Should your child become unwell during camp you will be notified straight away and immediate collection is required to ensure other camp members are not affected. We are unable to accept any children who are ill, as this is unfair to other camp members and our coaching team.
During Extreme weather conditions, suitable clothing/sun protection is required. Please ensure during hot weather sun cream is applied before your child is dropped off at camp and ensure your child knows how to reapply sun cream as necessary throughout the day.
Although we recognise that this cannot be guaranteed, MF Tennis camps aim to be a Nut-Free environment. This policy serves to set out all measures to reduce the risk to those children and adults who may suffer an anaphylactic reaction if exposed to nuts.
We ask that children attending sessions and camps do not bring in nuts or nut-related products as snacks or in their packed lunch. Our “Nut-Free Policy” means that the following items should not be brought in:
Packs of nuts; Peanut butter sandwiches; Fruit and cereal bars that contain nuts; Chocolate bars or sweets that contain nuts; Sesame seed rolls (children allergic to nuts may also have a severe reaction to sesame); Cakes made with nuts
Health and Safety Policy
MF Tennis set out a commitment to achieving good standards of health and safety for all our participants and coaches through clear and well-communicated policies.
Our aim is to make quality sports coaching available to as many people as possible. We want to ensure our customers have a positive experience on any of our courses and ensure they reflect our core principles of being safe, professional, organised, educational and fun!
We complete the following checks to ensure we work within our key health and safety policy documents;
Site Risk Assessments, on the job risk management, manual handling, safe working practices including safe systems of work, fire safety including emergency evacuation, first aid provision, outdoor working, slips trips and falls.
We always endeavour to provide the highest level of service across all our activities. However, if you are at all not happy with the service you have received please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be sure to get back to you to address any concerns you may have.